Residential building insurance / photovoltaic

Maik Sammer

Residential building insurance / photovoltaic

Your advantages with us

  • Independence - We are not bound to a specific provider
  • Large banking, insurance and financial services network
  • because of the network - big product access and comparison possibilities
  • Years of experience
  • Choice between fee-based billing with products at net rates or the classic commission payment of the product provider
  • Individual offers - we will find the right product for you


Calculator for Residential building insurance / photovoltaic


Ihre Anfrage zu Residential building insurance / photovoltaic





    Your request

    Yes, I have read the Data protection. I agree that my details and data will be collected and stored electronically to answer my request. Note: You can revoke your consent at any time for the future by sending an e-mail to info [at]

    Spam protection: please check the box

    Important: All fields marked in red must be filled in, otherwise the form will not be transferred!

    More information about Residential building insurance / photovoltaic

    Why home insurance is so important for your home:

    The considerable asset that the possession of your single or multiple dwelling means, in addition to the requirement for financial security, is also a constant obligation.

    In addition to the routine maintenance, renovation and repair work, protecting against unpredictable risks and consequential damage is one of the duties of a prudent and forward-looking homeowner.

    The following positions might be important to you:

    Overvoltage damage due to lightning (induction)
    Damage to enclosures, masts, yard fortifications
    Damage to water pipes on the property
    Damage to sewer pipes on the property
    Water loss after breakage damage
    pipe blockages
    Replacement of fittings
    Hotel costs after an insurance damage
    Building damage after a burglary
    Graffiti damage to apartment buildings
    Seng damage
    Impact of motor vehicles or its cargo
    Sonic boom
    Building damage from aquariums or waterbeds
    Building damage due to underfloor heating
    Clean-up and demolition costs
    Costs due to regulatory requirements
    Rental loss or rental value replacement
    Building damage by air conditioning systems
    Fire Nutzwärmeschäden
    Damage caused by aircraft
    Additional costs due to price increases
    Storm damage to externally attached things
    Disposal costs of fallen trees
    Cost of temporary repairs
    Transportation and storage costs
    Decontamination costs of contaminated soil
    expert fees
    food costs
    Breakage of gas pipes
    Glass breakage
    Storm damage to building coverings
    Roughing-fire insurance

    Photovoltaic – also lockable individually!

    glass insurance

    Of course you do not need to insure your windows – but with the cost of insulated glazed windows that would be gross recklessness. Glass insurance should also cover the breakage of furniture glazing, ie mirror cabinets, glass showcases and glass tables. Premium differences are made by some insurers depending on whether the window frames are made of metal, plastic or wood. You should calculate this before deciding on a particular type of window.

    Glass insurance offers different calculation models. It can e.g. be included in the “Connected Residential Property Insurance”; the premium then depends on the value of the building. As a rule, the insurance is cheaper according to the number of square meters of the glass to be insured or the insurance according to the size of the house.

    If you carried out an attachment, so z. For example, if you have grown a conservatory, you should immediately report this to your insurance company and have the premium adjusted – otherwise you will be left empty if glass panes have broken in this extension.

    Further supplementary insurance

    for home and land ownership
    for the oil tank (water damage liability)
    for the client (client liability insurance)

    Determine your insurance sum

    The sum insured depends on the manufacturing costs of the building or on the so-called sum insured in 1914, which also forms the basis for moving new-value insurance.

    The sum should correspond to the new building value of a building in the year 1914 and thus make possible a comparison basis for size and equipment of the building – independently of the current price situation and development on the construction market. It must be calculated in such a way that you are in a position to restore the condition before the loss event after the payment of the insurance benefit. You must therefore take into account all construction costs that affect the building value, including, for example

    Own work,
    Annexes, outbuildings, garages,
    building costs,

    Finally, the Moving MER indicates for each year how construction prices and wages in the construction industry increased compared to 1914. For example, in 2008 the factor is 14.50. That means that construction prices and wages were 14.5 times higher than in 1914 (conversion from mark to EUR). It follows that the insurance contribution is multiplied by 14.5.

    The sum insured in 1914 is important, because only if it has been determined correctly, you can be sure of a sufficient insurance coverage. If this value is set too low, damage due to the underinsurance can only be proportionally replaced.

    Waiver of underinsurance

    Waiver of objection of underinsurance in building insurance (clause 270501)

    In the sliding value insurance, the sum insured of 1914 is considered correct when
    it has been calculated using the insurer’s building value determination program and the policyholder has answered correctly the questions of size, type, construction and equipment of the building, or
    it is determined on the basis of an insurer’s estimate of a construction expert.

    If the sum insured of 1914 determined according to No. 1 is agreed, the insurer does not deduct underinsurance in deviation from the provisions on underinsurance in the General Conditions of Insurance underlying the contract and § 2 No. 3 SGLN 93 and § 56 VVG (underinsurance waiver )
    If, in the event of a claim, the description of the building and its equipment differs from the actual conditions in accordance with No. 1 a) and if the sum insured in 1914 is too low, then No. 2 shall not apply insofar as the deviation is due to intent or gross negligence ,
    Furthermore, No. 2 shall not apply if the construction status underlying the sum of the sums insured has been subsequently changed, in particular by value-adding conversions, extensions or extensions, and the change has not been notified to the insurer immediately; another building insurance contract for the building is against the same risk, unless otherwise agreed.
    The policyholder and the insurer may, by giving three months’ notice at the end of the current insurance year, by written declaration declare that these provisions will cease to apply at the beginning of the next insurance year.
    If the insurer exercises this right, the policyholder may terminate the contract within one month of receiving the insurer’s declaration at the end of the current insurance year.

    What is your building insured against?

    The insurer insures – insofar as agreed with you – against damages

    Damage caused by fire, lightning, explosion, crash of manned missiles (such as aircraft, their parts or cargo) and consequential damage from smoke, soot and fire extinguishing. Also fire damage caused by short circuit due to bad weather or leaking tap water.

    Mostly insured without contribution: The shell construction to ready-to-use production (maximum 24 months).

    tap water

    Damage caused by improperly leaking tap water, including all equipment connected to the piping system (such as washing machines and dishwashers) or supply hoses of the water supply; Damage due to overflow or water vapor.

    Breakage and frost damage to piping in the building; also damage to supply and heating pipes outside the building, but within the insurance property.
    Frost damage to bathing facilities, sinks, flush toilets, taps and water meters (water consumption indicators), radiators, boilers, boilers and instantaneous water heaters in the building.

    Storm and hail
    Damage caused by a storm (at least wind force 8) or hailstorms on your building and its windows and windows (with the exception of shop windows).
    Damage caused by trees or other objects that the storm throws at the insured building. Hail damage to the building as well as windows and windows. Furthermore, damage caused by penetrating rainfall when the storm or hailstorm has covered the roof, crushed or broken windows.

    It is advisable to include the so-called natural hazard risks in your homeowners insurance from the outset in order to be sufficiently protected against the following damages:

    Earthquakes, subsidence,
    Snow pressure and avalanches.

    Depending on the insurer and their cover concept for homeowners insurance, you can include additional items in the insurance cover, which are either included in principle or can only be co-insured against multiple contributions:

    Overvoltage damage due to lightning (“thunderstorm induction”),
    Rental loss (housing),
    Rent for commercial buildings,
    Clearing, demolition, movement and protection costs,
    Fittings (other breakages),
    Drainage pipes on the insurance property,
    Damage to and through underfloor heating,
    Additional costs for regulatory requirements,
    Impact / crash of unmanned missiles,
    Building damage to apartment buildings due to burglary,
    Property components and other accessories,
    Outbuildings up to 10 sqm,
    Exterior cladding,
    Supply pipes on the insurance property that are not used to supply insured buildings / facilities,
    Supply pipes outside the insurance property,
    Drainage pipes outside the insurance property,
    Decontamination costs
    Water from aquariums, waterbeds,
    Provision for conversions / extensions until the next due date.

    The gigantic earthquake in Japan and the following tsunami repeatedly raise questions about the right insurance coverage.

    Only those who have the right insurance can claim their financial loss. And there is a rush.

    Zeichenbeschränkung: 5000
    Basically, only the elementary damage insurance is responsible for a flood, which is offered as a voluntary supplement to household or building insurance or Elemantarschadigeckung for commercial risks.

    Damage caused by an extreme precipitation event is covered by this insurance. Which includes:

    Flooding (overflow of natural waters)
    Flooding (damage due to weather precipitation)
    Earthquakes (natural vibration of the earth caused by geophysical processes in the Earth’s interior)
    Subsidence (natural subsidence of the soil over natural cavities)
    Snow pressure (effect of the weight of snow or ice masses)
    Avalanches (falling snow or ice masses on mountain slopes) also
    Landslide (natural slipping or falling of rock or earth masses).

    Most of the floods are caused by overflowing rivers and streams by torrential rains. However, some homeowners have recently been surprised by floods, even in previously quiet zones. For example, a rainwater retention basin near Passau has been broken and the water has sought its riverbed in the sloping road. In the process, basements were submerged, foundations eroded and cars like cardboard boxes swirled through the floodwaters.
    Not all are insured

    For objects in “endangered regions”, southeastern Baden-Württemberg and the area Altenburg, Gera, Klingental and regions that have been under water within the last 10 years (eg Cologne, Dusseldorf, Dresden) insurance coverage is very difficult or even not to get. Thus, the prerequisite for the obligation to pay compensation for a flood could be the exceeding of the highest level ever measured.

    The following regions are considered particularly vulnerable:
    04103 – 04342
    06901 – 08267
    08451 – 08459 71000 – 71199
    72000 – 72149
    72300-72599 72654
    72700 – 72829
    78500 – 78699 88151

    (For the completeness and accuracy no guarantee is given, please ask in concrete terms!)

    As a rule, property insurers reserve the right to exclude residents from the above-mentioned risk areas from a hedge. Where the flood potential is highest, no elementary damage covers are offered.
    Most of the insurance coverage is then denied by the insurance

    in case of one or more previous damages (amount of damage irrelevant)
    if there is a stagnant or flowing water (attention: also dry bed) at a short distance (about 1 km) from the insurance property
    if the level of the ground floor (basement edge) of the object to be insured is not at least three meters above the mean water level of the water body.

    Not to be confused with the storm insurance

    In the event of storm damage, building or property insurance is liable if the weather-related air movement has exceeded at least wind force 8. That’s about 70 kilometers per hour. The evidence is generally provided by the fact that damage has also occurred in the neighborhood. However, the responsible offices can also be consulted.

    However, this insurance has nothing to do with elemental damage coverage.
    No protection against storm surge and backwater or unfinished buildings

    If force majeure is involved, damages are in principle not reimbursed. These include damage caused by storm surges.

    But even damage caused by backflow of the sewerage system is generally not reimbursed. Only a few companies offer protection against it. But an additional integration is possible.

    If an insured building is not yet ready for occupancy or can not be used for its purpose due to alterations, there is also no or only limited insurance coverage.
    Elemental damage coverage

    It is important that the consequences of flooding are not automatically covered by a homeowners insurance or home insurance or a commercial insurance, but only by the above-mentioned natural hazards insurance.
    The following principles apply:

    No single policy for elemental damage

    Elemental damage cover is only offered in a package with household and residential buildings or as a supplement to a commercial policy.

    Customers usually have to contribute to the damage by paying a deductible of one to ten per thousand of the total sum insured. It usually applies a minimum participation from about 250 €. Even upwards, the risk is usually limited to about 5,000 €. In any case, what’s in the policy!
    GDR contracts continue to apply

    In the old GDR Police, which were later taken over by the Allianz insurance, flood damage was still automatically insured. However, only if policyholders in East Germany have updated their GDR household contents insurance. But new contracts are no longer possible for a long time. In homeowners insurance, starting at a time value of 40% of the rebuilding value, only the current value is compensated. In the context of home contents insurance applies: less than 1/5 of its new value, the time value is also replaced.
    motor vehicles

    Anyone who finds his motor vehicle or trailer in the water, as well as hail damage his Teilkasko insurance report the resulting damage. The maximum limit for the replacement service is basically the replacement value. In case of partial damage (eg paint or damaged batteries) deductions can be made “new for old”. However, there is no such thing as a damage of a higher level than in full insurance.

    The comprehensive insurance covers partial insurance. Therefore, fully insured persons without loss of discount can report damage from natural disasters to their insurance.

    The condition for the insurance cover is of course that a comprehensive insurance policy exists.

    However, anyone who steers his vehicle into a flood-prone danger area despite the police warning can stay at his own expense with a comprehensive insurance policy. Here, in most cases, gross negligence is assumed and therefore the payment is denied.

    What to do in case of damage?
    First, one thing holds true: keep a clear head.

    Report the damage immediately to the claims department of your insurance company or insurance agent – they are responsible for assisting you.

    Please note the deadline of one week after the occurrence of the damage.

    Initiate necessary mitigation measures immediately. This avoids possible consequential damage and annoyance with the insurance.

    To prove the damage and to document the amount of the loss, you should take photos of any damage or pick up damaged items so that the insurer can determine the amount of the damage. In any case, submit receipts from the purchase of the affected items.